//////// UNITED STATES ////////
- ACCD (Art Center College Design Pasedena) - 80 years of legendary artist and designers, this college has a enviable Alumnus to die for, although be prepared to invest heavily. Starting tuition fees range from £68k over 8 terms (roughly 3 years in total, with basic tuition costing £8.5k per term). International students from 34 countries, make up 20% of the intake and there is a overall 78% rate of students graduating. So, if you fancy yourself the next Syd Mead or Craig Mullins, maybe this is a place for you. Just be mindful, that financially, one should be fairly consumerist and shop around.
- SCAD (School of Communicative Arts)
//////// CANADA ////////
- Art Institute Vancouver - Part of the Art Institute brand (45 educational institutions in North America) , there is a Game Art & Design course lasting 18 months. The Art Institute also hosts annual ARTimation and ARTmageddon game industry festivals.
- Alberta College of Art & Design, Calgary
- Sheridan's College, Ontario - offers a solid mixture of traditional arts, illustration that produce solid well rounded artists. In addition, try to attend the Toronto based Bobby Chiu sketch meets.
- NSCAD, Halifax - offers solid foundation of life drawing, illustration and anatomy classes. A smart artist would develop concept art skills in parallel to come out quite unique and well rounded. The undergraduate degrees offer a BFA or BAA, whichever you choose starting with a foundation year, and a subsequent specialty years culminating in a Fine Arts or BA Arts degree.
//////// UNITED KINGDOM ////////
- Bournemouth Animation Course: Highly recommended & Rated by Nesta, the BU animation course, is a great complement to your budding career in animation, games, film & technical special effects!
- UWE Animation (Bower Ashton campus) & UWE Illustration
- Abertay: Dundee (A range of BA and MA courses based around the Dare to be Digital model for the Games education)
- Staffordshire University - GamesConceptsDesign course (teaches a mixture of 2D/3D/mattepainting to aim to develop games artists
- University of Bradford (Bsc Animation & Special effects)
- UCA Rochester - CG Arts & Animation. They have a good group blog that incentives the participants to think about art, sources of inspiration and accountability.
//////// MAINLAND EUROPE ////////
- Gobelins, France (a animation based school, which produces extremely refined artist suitable for the Entertainment industry)
- Digital Art Entertainment (DAE), Brussels - Creative & 3D centric 3 year program with a heavy workload of 60 hours + per week. It has close ties to the gaming industry and aims for the graduate to produce professional interactive 3D environments.
- NHTV - Breda, Netherlands - International Game Architecture & Design (4 year program costing € 7,400 (non EEA) and € 1,713 (EEA & Swiss) for the students respectively. With a international cast of lecturers and close integration with the games industry, this affordable program is the one to watch out for in Europe.
- Utrecht School of the Arts (HKU), Netherlands - There is both the Bacherlors of Art & Technology programme & MA Design for Digital Cultures program at this refined arts & media centre of learning
//////// NORDIC COUNTRIES ////////
//////// CHINA ////////
//////// SINGAPORE ////////
- Feng Zhu Design: Singapore ( Total cost: Diploma - International Students £19-20k one year diploma. Local singaporeans have WDA subsidies applicable)
- DigiPen Singapore (Total cost: BFA Digital Art & Animation - 4 year course, 8 semesters ranging from £28 -39k (£14-20k per 2 semesters) for International Students. Local subsidies apply for residents & local Singaporeans - Course Fees Breakdown)
//////// AUSTRALIA ////////Julian Ashton Art School , Sydney (Australia's oldest fine art illustration school. Great instructors and life drawing classes)